Friday, July 3, 2009

Exotic Food Night


We had an Exotic Food Night on Friday. Our friends Heather and Fredy Perez came and brought a Guatemalan dish and an Argentine dish. The missionaries brought Asian food and a gross dessert (photos at bottom). We provided Taiwanese fish dishes and sauerkraut. Lots of fun and interesting food. And lots of new foods I won't be eating again. David tried everything and liked just about everything.

I tried most things except the eggs and hated most things.
Here I am eating the Mondungo, cow stomach soup.
Good flavor, horrible texture.
It was a thin slice of meat covered
in fat (but it felt like snot). Nasty!


100 year old eggs.
They were black on the inside.
David said they tasted like egg,
but had the texture of jello and jam.
Fredy not liking the the eggs.


David- " Pass the stomach soup and that other stuff."
He liked it.

Liver and onions and tomatoes.
The hardest thing to choke down.
I practically swallowed it whole.
It wasn't the taste. It smelled wonderful.
The liver felt like it was coated in powder
and stuck to your tongue.
Tip- don't drink a flavored drink when trying'
to wash something yucky down it only
makes everything taste nasty and fruity.


The fertilized egg. I refused to eat either egg.
This one had a baby chick inside. I told them
I would not touch an aborted chicken. Elder Pena (he's from the Philipines and taught us how to peal the eggs.) with the chick.

Fish balls, dried "stinky" fish, wasabi dumplingsThe missionaries idea of a funny dessert. I refused to eat the tootsie rolls. It was super rich. It was 2 differnt cake mixes, pudding honey and some other things. too much.
We brought Hi Chews, basically an asian starburst they are delicious.

2 comments:

  1. Eww with the grossness. I thought I was food-tough, but I don't think I could handle any of that. What were they thinking with the dessert?! They must be 19-20 year old boys.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eww, that all looked and sounded disgusting! The chick egg was the worst! I really had to hold down that vomitt! Where did you guy find that stuff!

    ReplyDelete