Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Is it too early to potty train?

Lily seems to be noticing when she does her business lately, and she has a growing interest in the potty. I tried out our potty seat, its the kind that fits right over your normal seat. She did this 5x's today! Don't start cheering yet, nothing ever happened. We sang a few songs and ate M&M's (which she lovingly calls "reats"-treats). Each time got progressively shorter but she was still willing to sit. I even tried running the faucet to help give her watery thoughts. I'll keep trying!

Be sure to take the survey to the right.

4 comments:

  1. I guess you can start when they show interest. If you can do it now way to go!!! Madilyn decided she was ready and it took about 5 days!

    ReplyDelete
  2. When she's ready....that's the right time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The book that I read to help me potty train Abigail recommends potty-training before they are two and a half (and get really stubborn). They recommend introducing the potty to your child around eighteen months, but not really focusing on the potty until some time after that. With that said, potty train when your child is ready. If you are interested in the book, it is called THE POTTY BOOT CAMP. I highly recommend it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also have read that if you're going to do it, do it once and do it right. If you do it too young sometimes it's just a fun new thing and they get tired of it and then it's harder to introduce later when they are really ready.

    ReplyDelete