Sunday, June 12, 2011

Pageantry

So I know I posted the video from the Star Ledger from the Ms. Senior NJ Pageant earlier. These are just a few photos from the day. I choreographed the pageant, which means I ran the rehearsal, taught the women each formation they walked every time they came out on stage minus their talents, and choreographed their production number. Rehearsal day was 9-5 and the pageant day I was there 8:30am-4:30pm. It was a marvelous experience. Its exhausting and can be frustrating but the women are kind, friendly and so appreciative. I also performed a modern dance while a former queen/pageant director sang.
I did a lot of sewing for the pageant. I took the title Modest Mama to heart. I helped make Mom's 3 gowns modest by adding sleeves, or adding a top, or even adding laces to one. I had a blast preparing with Mom. Its a great excuse to shop for shoes, jewelry and fancy things. and then I treated myself to a new dress. This is it. (ps- it was full length and strapless...I chopped the bottom off and built the top the night before the pageant!)
Mom won 2nd runner-up! She sang "poor unfortunate souls" from the Little Mermaid. and one judge confided in her after the pageant they awarded her full marks for her talent. She was fantastic!

No comments:

Post a Comment