Sunday, March 15, 2015

Chocolate Dream Pie

This pie disappeared so quickly as if we'd only met once upon a dream.
Confession: Pie is my least favorite dessert. At Thanksgiving I make myself a pumpkin cheesecake. But it was an epic Pi day yesterday so I found one of the only pies worth eating. I disliked its original name so I took a poll of my family while devouring it and we named it "Chocolate Dream". It is very fitting. It is super fast, super easy, and super scrumptious. And I should mention NO BAKE! Even better!

Here is goes:

Chocolate Graham Cracker Crust :
Recipe:
  • 2 cups crushed choc graham crackers
  • 1/3 cup sugar
  • stick of butter/marg, melted
  1. crush 1 envelope and a half of choc graham crackers. 
  2. place in bowl. 
  3. add 1/3 cup sugar 
  4. Add between 1/4 cup to a 1/2 cup of melted butter/marg. It needs to be moist and able to press into your pie pan and stay together. I used a whole stick but you may be able to use a little bit less if you like.
  5. Press crumb mix evenly in 9" pie pan
Filling Part 1:
  • 3 ounces of cream cheese
  • 1Tbsp cold milk
  • 2 Tbsp sugar
  • 1 cup whipped topping
  1. beat cream cheese, milk and sugar with electric mixer until smooth. 
  2. Fold in whipped topping. 
  3. Spread evenly on pie crust
Filling Part 2:
  • Instant Choc pudding
  • 1 3/4 cup cold milk
  1. Whisk together pudding mix and cold milk about 2 minutes or until soft set.
  2. Pour over first filling and spread evenly.
  3. Chill until ready to serve.
  4. Serve with a dollop of whipped topping. 
  5. ENJOY!



You know you want to break into my fridge and steal this last slice.

1 comment:

  1. That looks delicious!! I do want to break in and steal it. I'm going to have to try it!

    ReplyDelete