Saturday, January 30, 2016

Lego Valentine Box (literally)

My son is a Lego fanatic. He made me keep several of the boxes his Legos came in just so he could look at them again. Today I decided to send them out with the recycling. Fast forward to me this evening scouring Pinterest for a Lego themed Valentine Box to make for his class party. Most looked like a tissue box with plastic cups attached. He wasn't sold on anything we saw, except for the random one that looks like a toilet. I refused. I turned to my hubby and said "I'm tempted to just take on of those Lego boxes from the recycling and cut a hole in it." He replied with "Why not?" That was it! I grabbed it from the bin and began recycling it sooner rather than later.

Ta Da!
So here is our very literal Lego Valentine Box:
I cut a rectangular hole in the top of the box but I did not center it. He loves the pictures on the box and this way it kept most of the figures. Then I glued and taped the end shut.


 I used a second Lego box and blocked his name on it with a sharpie. I used our sharpest scissors to cut out his name.
 
I made the one and then traced it on to the second one so they would match. I left the bottom flap so I could attach it to the ends of the box to keep it from tipping.


Once cut I spray painted both sides of his name plates with gold spray paint (cause that was the color I had).

I added double sided tape to the flap and re-enforced it with hot glue. I poked two small holes and either side and used a twist tie to fasten it securely to the box.


We may add a few hearts later, we'll see.
This is such a win for us! 
Happy Valentine's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment