Wednesday, August 10, 2016

Pantry Living Weeks 6 & 7

Wow! 7 weeks now without buying meat, potato chips, cereal, shampoo, diapers..........Time is flying! My pantry is starting to show. The cereal is a simple indicator of how much we eat. We're nearly through my large stock of peanut butter. Not sure if we'll make it through the month on what is left. Apparently we love peanut butter even more than I thought. We used to go through one giant jar in a month. Now we got through it in 2 weeks!
My freezer has more room in it now but I've done awesome with meat this summer. We still have a lot of meat left. Italian sausage, chicken breasts, chicken legs, whole chickens, meat loaf, crab meat, homemade hamburger patties. we will have leftover this summer! We finished our fish sticks and chicken nuggets, frozen french fries and breakfast sausage.
Pantry After week 7 (forgot to get pic from week 6)

Now for the stats:
Unopened boxes of cereal after week 6: 33
Unopened boxes of cereal after week 7: 29
Allowable Credit Card purchases: gas, milk, bread, hamburger buns, tomato,
Cash purchases: Trip to Storybook Land for our family (an awesome storybook themed small amusement park), school supplies (notebooks, markers, crayons, colored pencils, pencil box, headphones, heavy duty plastic folders in 3 different colors, blah blah blah ),Vic's subs, dinner at Joe and John's for the family, naan bread, cucumbers, bananas, strawberries, blueberries, apples, lettuce, peppers,  2 new school shirts for Lilia on great sales, 2 new shirts for me,  new lunch bags for Max and Daddy, new winter boots for me 90% off reg price was $89! I also bought a different pair of boots that was 90% off in a size 9. I'm still trying to find someone to give them to. I apparently am not related to women with a size 9 foot.
Cheats: new sandals for Levi on a screamin' deal $4 for OshKosh leather sandals, Christmas present Cinderella Barbie Doll for Katy for $6.99, doughnuts(next year I might have to make them an allowable purchase. I cheat with them far too often)  (*usually because I was in a credit card only line and one thing in my cart didn't qualify for panty living)
Jars/Bottles opened: peanut butter, graham crackers, cookies, cheese crackers, marshmallows, chocolate bars, chicken broth, mac and cheese, spaghetti sauce, pasta, rice, granola bars, fruit snacks, chips, soda, ziplock bags, parchment paper, powdered sugar, sugar, flour, corn starch, cinnamon, salt, ketchup, mustard, sour cream, ramen noodles, diapers, wipes, soap, handsoap, body wash, kid body wash, toothpaste,
Garden goodies- green beans, sugar snap peas, 3 cherry tomatoes a day(so weird), 2 zucchini

Zucchini plant update: we are on the final few leaves. The vine burrowing pests have entirely destroyed the one plant and I'm on the last quarter of the second plant. The wood ash I sprinkle on the base of the plants seem to slow down the demise of the plant. Best I can figure is since the plant was already infested with whatever this stupid bug is the wood ash slows down their feast allowing my plant to produce a zucchini. I was pleasantly surprised to receive a zucchini yesterday. I will probably pick it tomorrow. Sadly, this will probably be the last of the summer and maybe forever. I'm not sure I can go through this again, just so frustrating.

Only 4 more weeks left of Pantry Living!
 Happy Summer!


No comments:

Post a Comment