Sunday, August 6, 2017

Pantry Living Weeks 5 & 6

Two more weeks of Summer have flown by! We have more family in town and are having a blast as usual. I did very little shopping these weeks and my only cheat I consider an investment in my kids' fall lunches. It was a screamin' deal at Sam's Club. They were selling a large box of 30 individually packaged keebler m&m cookies for only $4.76, regularly almost $10!!! I could not resist so I bought 4 cases and have hid them away for Sept....and hopefully Oct, and Nov. Honestly, I would have paid cash for them but I was in a credit card only self check-out line. Oh and I guess my one other cheat was buying my older 2 children really nice soft shell water resistant jackets for school. They were each $12 and neither kid owns a rain jacket so it was necessary. (Same shopping trip so credit card had to be used.)

 Enough about my true confessions with a credit card. Let's get to the real business here:

Unopened boxes of cereal after week 4: 40
Unopened boxes of cereal after week 6: 30 (see gifts again)
Items opened from pantry: Italian dressing, Ranch dressing, Greek dressing, honey, flour, chocolate chips, chips, cookies, syrup, nutella, peanut butter, fruit snacks, ziplock bags, plastic cups, napkins, toilet paper, paper towels, dish washing soap, trash bags, brownie mix, cake mix, twizzlers, candy,
Items I ran out of: hot dogs, granola bars, paper towels,
Cash purchases: hot dog buns, hamburger buns, lunchables, back to school clothes for kids and niece and nephew(socks and hoodie for Max, 4 shirts for Lily, outfit for Katy, shorts and socks for nephew, hoodie and shirt for niece), candy, ice cream, McDonald's, soda,
Allowable Credit card purchases: gas, milk,
Cheats: 2 soft shell jackets ($12 each), a cute duster sweater for me($12 I have no good excuse other than it was cute😉), 4 cases of cookie snacks for fall lunches, oops I forgot I bought a case of water too.
Gifts: milk from a friend, 2 boxes of cereal, and smores brownies and dressing from my dad, zucchini from my sister
CEREAL UPDATE: In 6 weeks we have gone through 37 boxes of cereal.

Pantry after week 6
Garden: lots of yummy tomatoes, a few funny shaped cucumbers and a few monster cucumbers. My green bean plants appear to be barren and what we thought might be a zucchini plant is just a weed and my last tomato plant has yet to ripen. Next year my original garden bed will need a lot of fresh soil. I think it has been over planted, hence my lack of veggies from it.

Working: My summer choreography job has finished and the check is in the bank. Dave's summer teaching program is almost finished. I predict with everyone home a lot we will still eat a mountain of food. My freezer is still in good shape but is definitely running thin on a few items.
I would love to hear what your garden is growing and how you are spending the summer!!
Happy Summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment