Friday, July 24, 2020

Weeks1-6 Pantry living

So I'm the worst at blogging this summer.
Here is my updated for weeks 1-6.
Ok so I'm not going to be as detailed as usual because no one cares that much 😂
Pantry after week 6



Cereal before week 1: 38
Cereal after week 6: 23
Bags of flour before week 1: 13
Flour after week 6: 7
Bags of sugar before week 1: 5
Sugar after week 6: -1 ( had to buy one)
Nutella before week 1: 3
Nutella after week 6: 0
Bags of tortilla chips before week 1: 7
Tortilla chips after week 6: 3
Graham crackers before week 1: 4
Graham crackers after week 6: 1
Boxed drinks before week 1: 5
Boxed drinks after week 6: 3

Items opened: peanut butter, jam, spaghetti sauce, salsa, nacho cheese, flour, flour, and more flour, sugar, popcorn, pretzels, chips, tortilla chips, crackers, vanilla wafers, cookies, granola bars, fruit snacks, hand soap, chicken broth, juice boxes, dog food, ramen noodles, Tikka masala sauce, ketchup, mustard, pickles, sauerkraut, soda, ranch dressing, bbq sauce, veg oil, olive oil, brown sugar, powdered sugar, chocolate chips, marshmallows, pineapple, Nutella, apple sauce, corn, green beans, tuna, sweet and condensed milk, evaporated milk, rice a roni, white chocolate chips, cake mixes, brownie mixes, candy candy candy, graham crackers, ziplock bags, plastic wrap, foil, wax paper, plastic cups, plastic utensils, paper towels, toilet paper, shampoo, conditioner, diapers,

Items I ran out of: sugar, butter, margarine, powdered sugar, semi sweet chocolate chips,

Items I'm nearly out of: potato chips, milk chocolate chips, graham crackers, Nutella

Gifts: cereals, veggies and herbs from friends' gardens, paper napkins

Cash purchases: quite a few but I've been good. Got my kids new shoes for school, some Christmas gifts stashed away, GREW conditioner, produce,  so many stores are clearancing their entire store to make way for their new arrivals. Go shop now! Kohl's, Gabe's, TJ Maxx, Burlington, 

Cheats: so I had a handful of cheats on my first two weeks when I wasn't in the habit of carrying enough cash with me. But overall there have been very few times I used my credit card when I shouldn't have.

Allowable credit card purchases: urgent care co-pay, dentist 😭, gas, oil change, dairy products

Garden: so this year my garden is dreamy! Seriously have an amazing yield so far. Lots of cucumbers, zucchini, tomatoes, and lunchbox peppers. my sister is an amateur expert at wild edibles and she identified the weeds in my garden. I'm growing loads of wild spinach. We aren't each much because wild spinach will absorb the nitrates in your fertilizer. I used bags of soil that were full of miracle grow and I'm just not sure if those would be ok. My sister are some and she said in small quantities if you aren't sure about the nitrate level it is ok. But I don't actually have to weed the wild spinach out of the garden. It isn't affecting my plants growth so huzzah!


This is two days worth of tomatoes, my peppers last week and a week worth of cucumbers and zucchini. Well, this is what we haven't eaten in the last week. We eat a cucumber a day, a few peppers a week, one or two zucchini a week and with my homemade salsa I'm going through loads of tomatoes.

I love to bake and I enjoy cooking. To me food is a language of love. I love to gift my treats to my dearest friends and family. A few of our favorite bakes and goodies include: salsa, invisible zucchini lasagna roll ups, doughnuts, Nutella stuffed chocolate chip cookies, banana chocolate chip bread, tunnel of coconut cake, double chocolate zucchini cake, cinnamon rolls with brown butter frosting, cheesecake, avalanche bars, s'mores cookies, gooey Brownie pie, Boston cream cake, German chocolate cake, strawberry shortcake trifle, fudge, ice cream cake, zucchini bread, bagels, challah, rocky road bars, if you want any of my recipes just give me a shout. And be sure to follow me on Instagram @strollerblader.


















This summer of 2020 has been weird for everyone. Thankfully I can still go to the beach and we have our 3 foot above ground pool for us to cool off in.

For now let's all be kind, wear a mask and have a happy summer on purpose!!



No comments:

Post a Comment