Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Bed rest for me

Sadly I'm on bed rest for a few days. Yesterday afternoon I passed a small blood clot. My midwife's office instructed me to head directly to the ER. After 7 hours they sent me home calling it a threatened miscarriage and an upper respiratory infection. I had no other bleeding or pain. I think they were just scratching their heads at me. So they put me on bed rest until I see my midwife again next week. They also gave me some antibiotics to get rid of my coughing and everything. I had another ultrasound and the baby is active and happy. We also found out the gender of the baby but I won't be sharing that yet until I get in touch with all our immediate family first by phone.These are photos of the first ultrasound. Hope you can see the baby in there.Here's the baby sucking its thumb.
The baby measured more than a week ahead but probably not enough to change my due date.

3 comments:

  1. sad day, both that you're on bed rest and that you know the gender of the baby. I wanted to vote on it again like we did with Lilia :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry you're stuck in bed! I hope you have some good movies to watch. I'm glad baby is okay, and I just read your last post and found it absolutely beautiful. You're such a strong, delightful lady. Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! You're going to have a perfect little boy-girl family. Ha ha.
    ~~~

    RE: White People Who Adopt Black Kids
    I know! I grew up as a minority too and Utah was a big culture shock for me. I didn't know there were so many white people in the world! Ha ha. I go to the Genesis Group in Salt Lake now, so I can get my "black people" fix. Makes me feel more comfortable... http://www.ldsgenesisgroup.org/

    ReplyDelete