Tuesday, December 22, 2009

I made our Christmas stockings!

I tend to be quite ambitious when it comes to sewing. Surprisingly, I've been mostly successful. I was given a variety of christmas fabric this summer. I decided to take on another project. It has been the last item on my to do list before Christmas. But I promised myself if I didn't complete it there was always next Christmas and I was not allowed to be angry with myself. Gimme a few snow days and voila! Each is different and backed with a different fabric. I'm not usually a patchwork kinda girl, but I'm really pleased with them. From left to right is David's, mine, Lilia's and baby boy. The boys have a red sparkly pom-pom and the girls have green. The top is a soft shaggy fleece that is quite forgiving, which is a bonus when you sew. They're all lined with a solid white muslin. My next step is to embroider our names or initial on the top, but probably after Christmas. And bonus I cut enough random squares and have enough fabric and pom-poms for our future children (however few or many that may be). Let me know what you think!

Merry Christmas!

1 comment:

  1. Soo CUTE!! I also love the travel tips by Lilia, very helpful, thank you!

    ReplyDelete