Friday, October 28, 2011

Create something that didn't exist before

I get down, depressed and seem unable to appreciate the joy and beauty in my life. This is slowly cured through much prayer, much effort, a bit of shopping ;) and finally in an effort to create something.

I love to try new things within the comfort of my own home. Tonight I made homemade bread bowls. They turned out better than I initially thought( they were a little flat as opposed to bowls). Lilia and I put our hands to work with the dough.

We enjoyed Bear Creek Cheddar Broccoli soup!

While it was rising we painted pictures. (Too close to my heart to share those pictures.)

And tonight I created these scripture bags out of placemats. I've had the idea for a while and finally put it to the test. I love it!
Still need some tweaking but overall my depression has passed.


Words of a holy man to inspire all to create:

" The desire to create is one of the deepest yearnings of the human soul. No matter our talents, education, backgrounds or abilities, we each have an inherent wish to create something that did not exist before. Everyone can create. You don’t need money, position, or influence in order to create something of substance or beauty. You might say, I am not the creative type. If that is how you feel, think again. Creation is your opportunity in this life….. Start small. Creativity does not require a brush, a pen, or the keys of a piano. Don’t let the voice of critics paralyze you. You will make the World a better place. Improve, beautify, extend, smile, cultivate, develop, create."
~Pres. Dieter F. Uchtdorf

No comments:

Post a Comment