Sunday, October 7, 2012

Life lately

So our life has been an amazing roller coaster the past month or so. We bought and moved into a house, we all participated in a wedding (David performed the ceremony, I did a reading and Lilia was a flower girl), David returned to work as a Special Ed teacher, Lilia started preschool, I returned to teaching dance, Max is learning to cut with scissors, and my belly is rapidly growing to make room for the baby due in 6 WEEKS!

We love our house and are learning so many new skills (ie-yard work, pest control, homeownership bill pay, interior decorating, etc.) I have the fun but difficult task of keeping it clean and making it my own. I love pinterest for all the great decorating ideas....let's hope I can pull them off.




Lilia adores school. She attends Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday for 2.5 hours. She cried last Wednesday because she couldn't go to school the next day too. She is doing very well there and loves all the structure and activities. She and Max now play school quite often. She even tells him "When you're 4 you can go to my school!" He is very anxious to be big and in school like sissy.
Lilia also returned to dancing school for her 3rd year. And she was a flower girl in our lovely friend's wedding. She's getting to be a busy bee!






Max and I are best buddies while Lilia is at school. His favorite activities while she is gone is going to Shoprite, and playing at Grammy's house. He loves to help me shop for cereal and other treats at the store. Its so much easier with just one in the cart. Each day he'll ask what stores we're going to and what we need to buy. He gets upset with me if I tell him we don't need to shop. He definitely gets this from me....not Daddy.
Max is still trying to potty train. He's amazing at night and stays dry but daytime can be a struggle. I just hope we can get it mostly figured out before the baby arrives.
Max wants to be a big boy so I've let him try out safety scissors when sister is also cutting. Unfortunately he knows where I keep them and has decided to cut up one of Lilia's art projects from school. He did a nice job fringing the edges, but of course I couldn't praise him for destroying her precious item.

David's back at Hammonton Middle School and starting the year off strong. He's still the Drama advisor and they have regular club meetings. He has mostly the same students as last year in his Special Education behavior classroom. They know him, the rules and know what should be expected of them (doesn't mean they can always show that self control, but its a start). He loves his work and makes great impressions on everyone as he comes in dressed as a hippie, or busts a move on the dance floor at the school dance. He works hard and we appreciate it!
On Saturdays, he keeps busy mowing our large yard and fixing the items I've decided need attention. thankfully, not too many of those.







I am now 34 weeks pregnant with baby brough #3, a little girl. She is healthy and strong and due the week of Thanksgiving. I kinda keep loosing track of this pregnancy being so busy with the house and kids. But we are so excited to meet our angel from Heaven! The kids love to talk into my belly button and say hi to her. We have a large master bedroom, so there is plenty of space for her to be with us for the first while. After that she'll join Lilia in her room. Lilia is so excited to share her room with her sister!
Even though I'm big and waddley, I'm teaching Modern dance again. I love it, as always. Its a great creative outlet for me, as well as a good workout. I struggle with sublaxation of my pelvis (meaning where my hips connect together in the back, slip out of place and make it painful to sit, sleep, walk and move, in general). This is due to the relaxation of my ligaments while pregnant. But when dancing I'm at my best. funny how that works.

Currently I'm also trying to get this house looking good for our Open House we're having this coming Saturday. I still have quite a few pictures to hang and projects to complete. The house won't be cute enough to make a magazine, but it will reflect my life, loves and a welcome atmosphere for family and friends.

Hope you're keeping busy and recognizing the blessings in our daily lives!

1 comment:

  1. Geez, that's a lot going on! Ha ha. Wish we could be at your Open House. I'm still so super excited you guys bought a house. I think I'm going to forever feel like a college student until we buy one! Yay for the baby on the way! Looks like the pregnancy is going super well, congrats! Yay for the Brough clan! Ha ha. :D

    ReplyDelete