Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Pantry Living Week 10 and then some

IT IS OVER! My hubby returned to teaching middle school today which means my pantry living guidelines are done, finished, kaput.

First the update:
  • Boxes of cereal after week 9: 10.5
  • Boxes of cereal after week 10+: 5.5
  • Allowable purchases: milk, eggs, ice cream, sliced cheese, shredded cheese
  • Cash purchases: Burger King, earrings for Lilia, skateboard for Max(to ride on his belly), plastic drawers, clothes for Katy, long handle grabber for Max to use
  • Cheats: rotisserie chicken from Sam's, pizza, cartoons for the kids, milk shakes to reward Max for his bravery during the cast, clearance flip flops for Lilia, clearance beach towels, toy speed boats to amuse kids, fabric for a new nursing cover and sling for myself and baby
  • Necessary Items with credit card: duct tape and blue sticky tack for Dave's classroom, plastic cast protector to shower Max,
  • New bags/jars opened: chocolate chips, sugar ice cream cones, flour, shortening, cocoa powder, syrup, sugar, chips, marshmallows

We survived. I cheated too much and by the end I was really tired of cooking dinner, if you couldn't tell. I spent the summer baking, playing with my kids and saving money. I love this experience and am excited to go through my inventory list and see how much we really used of our pantry.

Happy Summer's End!

1 comment:

  1. I am so impressed with how well you do every summer. I've loved reading your pantry living posts this year.

    ReplyDelete