Saturday, June 27, 2015

Pantry Living Week 1

Week 1 was fun! We went to the beach. We went to the boardwalk and went on the rides. We played inside and outside. We visited the library and checked out movies. We got ice cream and even bought a pizza for lunch one day.
The beach required no money,
the boardwalk and rides-no money,
playing- free
library- free
movies- free
ice cream- Grammy treated us
pizza- I used my cash.
We had so much fun and spent very little. It was great. Our beaches do require tags and the rides do require tickets. I bought all of those back in the spring with cash so that was my summer fun investment.

Pantry after week 1
Stats after week 1-
Unopened boxes of cereal before week 1: 54
Unopened boxes of cereal after week 1: 51
Allowable purchases: gas
Cash purchases: family picture poster for our reunion, pizza, Rainforest Cafe(end of school celebratory lunch),  two boxes of fruit snack that I forgot to buy last week, ice cream/milk shakes to celebrate after recital, two boogie boards
Credit Card cheats: tummy medicine, flowers for Lilia's dance recital,
Items/jars opened this week: large peanut butter, box of margarine, box of butter, flour, Italian dressing, sandwich bags, hand soap, cookies, large box of goldfish, bag of tortilla chips, pack of toilet paper

Our garden hasn't produced anything yet. And I think the birds are eating the  few emerging strawberries.
Let me know how your garden is doing.

Happy Summer!

1 comment:

  1. I've got green peppers, tomatoes, and zucchini on my plants, but my peas are still growing.

    ReplyDelete