Saturday, July 11, 2015

Pantry Living Weeks 2 & 3

This last two weeks have been crazy! We hosted a marvelous Vigue family reunion. There were 33 of us eating and playing at our house for a week. Each family took turns providing a dinner but my pantry helped fill in the gaps. Some of the details of these days is foggy but I'll try and recap what happened with our pantry.
Pantry after week 2

Pantry after week 3
After Week 1 unopened cereal: 51
After Week 2 unopened cereal: 43
After Week 3 unopened cereal: 36
Cash purchases: swimsuit and shirt for my niece, dress for my daughter, ice cream, funnel cake, bananas, apples, strawberries, blueberries, grapes, potatoes, onions, cucumbers, peppers, burger king, pizza,
Cheats:  plastic forks, Italian dressing, ranch dressing, styrafoam bowls, peanuts, juice, frosted brownies, cookies, notebooks, socks, flip-flops, kids' underwear,
Allowed purchases: watermelon, sour cream, milk, eggs, gas, bread, cheese
Items opened: strawberry jam, spaghetti sauce, napkins, case of water, corn starch, vanilla, hand soap, several Italian and Ranch dressings, cookies, soda, Powerade, box of margarine, flour, tortillas, corn chips, mayo, fruit snacks, veg oil, syrup
Good Gardening: 1 monster zucchini, 1 bushel of green beans, 5 very large grape tomatoes, a few small strawberries(the birds are stealing them)

My first harvest! The tomatoes were all devoured before they could be photographed.
Our reunion was fantastic and we made wonderful memories together. My sweet family was concerned about depleting my pantry. They are so kind and respectful of this summer project I impose upon myself. I tried to be accommodating and allow them to anything they might need from our pantry. In the end we used more than usual but we still have mountains of food left. We used gobs of toilet paper but I was prepared for that one ;)

I told you there were a lot of us. The 3 of us pic below weren't even it this one.
We were the photographers for the group photo.
We take this reunion thing very seriously.
All the grandkids with Grammy and Pop storming Vigue Beach!


Happy Summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment