Friday, July 24, 2015

Pantry Living Week 5

I didn't cheat this week! I'm really proud of that.

We kept busy this week at the beach twice, the aquarium, playground, Grammy's pool, and lots of playing.
This week I lost my cell phone and my two year old, separately. I am pleased to announce both were found!

Pantry after week 5

Here our the stats:
 Unopened boxes of cereal after week 4: 33
Unopened boxes of cereal after week 5: 29
Cash purchases: cilantro, bananas, strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, pencils, lettuce, cucumbers, carrots, flip-flops, rash guard, silly cups, parking, tortilla chips
Allowable credit purchases: gas, oil change
Gifts: 2 mangos, milk
Yummy treats I made: banana crumb cake, mango salsa
Items opened: ketchup, flour, goldfish, large box of granola bars, ranch dressing, toilet paper, water bottles, sandwich bags, plastic wrap, salsa
This keeps happening
 The garden is practically throwing tomatoes at us. My zucchini plant is still only half alive, but the alive side is growing a nice zucchini for me. I've also decided next year I want to build a second raised bed garden. But this one I want to be for my children. They regularly get scolded for harvesting veggies without permission. They need plants to tend and responsibility. We discussed it and they have grande plans, so far they want to plant tomatoes, green beans, carrots, cucumbers, peppers, and zucchini. We'll work out those details later. But they are entirely thrilled!

Let me know how what you're doing for fun.
Happy Summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment