Friday, July 12, 2019

Weeks 1 & 2


Busy Busy Busy! In my head summer is chill. Summer is a time to sit on the beach and relax. 
In reality, I’m running all over creation, thanking Heaven for my A/C, and occasionally, making it
 to the beach. I am a dancer, dance teacher and choreographer. I also assist with costumes, 
props and sets. Between January and the end of July I will have assisted/been a part of 8 
productions of one kind or another. I am spent. 
A few items seem to have slipped through the cracks before Pantry Living. I’ve been trying hard
 these last few weeks to only use cash to make up for my carelessness. And I should rename my 
produce drawer in my fridge the morgue because that is where fresh veggies go to die. We eat a 
lot of carrot sticks and fresh fruits on my counter lately but I’ve killed an awful lot of cucumbers, 
lettuce, and cilantro. 

Best part of my life lately is having family in town! My brother, Andy and his wife and their son came 
to visit. Plus my other sister in law and her daughter. Plus my sister and four of her kids. 
SO much fun! So much sun! So much food! My parents fed most of them so I actually got the
leftover food they couldn’t travel home with. Win Win!

Here are my stats: 

Week1:
Cereal after week 1: 35
Opened: spaghetti sauce, Italian dressing, chips, Oreos, bag of sugar, pasta, box of cheez-its, 
Allowable purchases: watermelon, gas
Cash purchases: candy and pretzels for gifts, Bocca (pizza place), flowers,  
Gift cards used: Starbucks (pink drink, lemon pound cake), visa gift card(two fancy dresses from JCP). 
Garden harvest: handful of raspberries everyday, one green pepper


Pantry After week 1

Pantry after week 1


Week 2
Cereal: 32
Opened: peanut butter, Nutella, Oreos, pasta, brownies, candy, pretzels, dog food, pepperoni, cool
 whip, tin foil, paper towels, Italian dressing, sodas, hot dogs, 
Allowable purchases: gas, oil change, costumes that I will be reimbursed for, milk, eggs(7.5 dozen), 
bread, English muffins, bananas
Gift cards used: Starbucks (pink drink, lemon loaf), Wawa(hoagies), ShopRite(diapers)
Cash purchases: ice cream at beach(technically I left beach and bought 25 ice cream bars at Dollar
 tree for my mini family reunion.) Costumes, 
Cheats: pizza for family dinner. My dad actually paid me back with cash but then I spent the cash on
 ice cream so it made it a cheat.
Gifts: cereal(sister brought a few boxes to share while she stayed with us.) A ShopRite gift card, a 
Wawa gift card, bag of little boy clothes from neighbor, hot dog and hamburger buns
Garden: a handful of raspberries
Holiday: I hosted July 4th but my parents supplied most of the food. All I supplied was some soda,
 paper products, a few burgers, cheese, brownies, onion, condiments, pasta salad and deviled eggs. 
My parents supplied hot dogs, hamburgers, buns, soda, ice cream, cake, potato salad, green salad, 
watermelon, chips, ice. They are awesome! We had 18 people and everyone left well fed! 


Pantry after week 2

Pantry after week 2
A few photos of our fun these last few weeks.

Plus Favorite beach treats: watermelon, pretzels and a cup of peanut butter, Oreos, honey roasted 
peanuts, snapple flavored lemonades.







And a few bonus photos of headpieces I made for our next show "Once on This Island Jr"


 Let me know if you've taken up the challenge. I would love to hear your experience!
 Happy Pantry Living!

1 comment:

  1. The headpieces turned out amazingly! Well done on figuring them all out (water rocks, you totally nailed it). And thanks for hosting us over the Fourth! We sure appreciate you!

    ReplyDelete