Wednesday, July 24, 2019

Weeks 3 & 4

Wow! We are a full month into pantry Living and we are doing really well. I haven't been home much and I'm blessed with so many Wawa gift cards I've eaten out a lot. Ps- Wawa is the best convenience store ever.  Here are my stats.

After week 4


Week 3
Cereal: 29
Opened jars/bottles: spaghetti sauce, pasta, tikki masala sauce, green beans, cookies, mustard, yeast, Sprite, butter, mozzarella cheese, pepperoni, goldfish crackers,
Cash purchases:apples, bananas, swimsuit for Lily, stamps, salsa
Gift cards used: visa gift card(2nd swimsuit for Lily, underwear for Levi in 2 different sizes(excellent deal), candy bars, crackers, cookies, pickles, stroopwafels, (awesome clearance deals))
Wawa gift cards (hoagiefest!!), Starbucks gift card (pink drink withno ice. Order cup of ice. It is like getting two of them!)
Cheat: kimono for me on clearance $9. I was using a self checkout machine that only took cards. Chickfila(free day if you dress like a cow. We all dressed up and got $34 worth of free food but I also ordered drinks and fries and the total was a little more than the cash I had so I had to use my credit card.)
Allowable purchases: milk, cheese,
Items out of:napkins and SALSA! ok so I frequently make a fresh homemade salsa that has to be eaten within a day. I've apparently made it often enough that I had no idea that my pantry contained none of the mediocre salsa. So imagine my disappointment while watching Stranger Things and needing a snack to discover there was no ingredients for fresh or canned salsa. Have no fear. The next morning I went to the store and used cash to rectify the situation. And wouldn't you know I haven't had the urge to eat it yet. Sigh.
And I accidentally dropped my ceramic napkin holder and since then we haven't had a storage place for napkins so I actually forgot we were out of them until now.
Garden harvest: a single cherry tomato. It was delicious and I did not share. But apparently a small animal indulged on two tomatoes before me.
Free gifts: juice, milk, and free slurpee day at 7/11 and dress like a cow day at Chick-fil-A.

More beach, family, and play rehearsals. But we booked our vacation to visit family next month so of course my four year old asks everyday if today is the day we go to the airport.

Week 4:
Cereal:30 (should be 26 see cheats)
Opened bottles/jars/bags/boxes: Mac and cheese, yeast, chips, Oreos,
Allowable purchases: milk
Gifts: milk, chicken sandwiches, ice cream at the beach, ice cream cake,
Gift card purchases: (Wawa) hoagies, (Starbucks) pink drink, breakfast sandwich and lemon loaf,
Cash purchases: Dickey's BBQ, taco Bell,  Chido Burrito, Bocca ($155 in restaurant bills this week 🤦)
Cheats: cereal 2 packs(Sam's had a screaming deal for $2 for a 2 pack of cereal so I bought two and was in a credit card only lane for check out.) Clearance towels for the family, quilt batting for gifts, clearance clothes for the kids at Sam's.

Garden harvest: lots of cherry tomatoes

Big news: we booked a cruise to the Bahamas for Nov!!! My handsome hubby and I are celebrating our 15 yr anniversary. We were way too busy back in May so now is our time to sneak away. This could be counted as a cheat but we set aside the money a while ago so I don't think it really is a cheat.

Last show week! That's why we ate out so much. Ugh. This next week my goal is no eating out! I was careful not to cheat when we ate out but that was a lot of cash from my stash.

Happy Summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment