Monday, March 23, 2009

Sewing, Plumbing and we don't even have our own home yet.

We live in NJ with my parents and we have our own bathroom. Dave woke me Sunday morning by telling me the floor was soaking wet after he shaved. He's not that messy, the sink had a major leak. It required a new drain and if you know us we're the type who call for help. But my Dad made this our "first lesson in home repair". Dave did it by himself. (I held the flashlight.) WHOA! It seems to be leak free. Let's hope we can keep learning.



My next homemaking skill is sewing. Lisa, a new member at church, gives me sewing lessons. I have made multiple attempts at sewing before now and they all turned out alright. But this was the first clothing attempt, a wrap around blouse for me. I'm pretty pleased with it. My next project is a cap and gown for Lily to match Dave for graduation.

2 comments:

  1. Nice shirt! I just bought myself a new machine since my former one literally fell apart while Mom was here. I plan on sewing a lot more than I did in the past.

    ReplyDelete