Friday, May 14, 2010

For time and for all eternity

Our 6 years together...

our engagement
our wedding, May 14, 2004
our honeymoon in Mexico
2005
20062007 Taiwan together
2007 Disneyland

2008 1st Family Photo

2009 Disneyland

2010



To my beloved husband, David,

Today we've been sealed together for 6 years. I remember that morning being so happy and giddy at breakfast before our trip to the temple. My hair and makeup was finished and I was wearing random comfy clothes as I ate my food. Both families were mingled together chatting and preparing for the warm day predicted. Another guest at our hotel asked a family member why we were all gathered together. When they answered a wedding the guest was confused as to who the bride could be, no one was anxious, no one was in a state of panic. When I was identified the guest in surprise said, "But she's so calm, so happy." They wished us congratulations and were off to their own morning meal. I had no reason to be anything but joyous with our eternal union being within hours.

I remember sitting by your side in an empty sealing room while our family filled the room next door. You held my hand so tenderly, so lovingly, the way you still hold it today. Our sealer than gave us some words of advice and told you to never let go of my hand, to hold it each and everyday. He also told us something I'll never forget while in the presence of our family. "In 20 years you should not love each other as much as you love each other today. You must love each other 20 years more than today." Well, 6 years have passed and I can say I love you much more than on our wedding day, which at the time I didn't know was truly possible.

We've lived in 4 homes, 2 countries, 2 US states. You've had 7 different jobs, attended 2 universities, we have 2 children and have kissed a billion times. We've laughed, cried, rejoiced, encouraged, talked, listened, worked, slept, served and loved together. Heavenly Father blessed me with your company and I thank him each day for you!

Happy 6th Anniversary, Hopper! I love and adore you!
Love, Your Melly

3 comments:

  1. Happy Anniversary Mel! What a beautiful letter to your husband!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Anniversary, you two! I could just feel your love for each other when I read your letter to Dave. I kind of felt like I was intruding, but then I got all warm inside! Isn't it great to have someone in your life that you love so much? :)

    Congrats guys!

    ReplyDelete