Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Superman has surgery

There is good news and bad news

Good news: he'll be out of work for 5 days! I've never seen someone look forward to surgery so much. But we are happy to have him here!

Bad news: he can barely grasp his XBOX controller. (well, he considers it bad news)

David had surgery this morning. He had a ganglion disc removed from his right wrist. He's all bandaged and in a splint but he's doing great! Its now been 10 hours since surgery and he's felt no pain. My Superman has yet to take any pain medication! The doctor will remove the dressings on Tuesday afternoon. The doctor is anticipating a quick recovery because David is so awesome! I'll show pics after the dressings are taken off so you can see his incision. I don't anticipate a bad scar because his doctor is a hand/cosmetic surgeon.

We love you, David, our Superman!

2 comments:

  1. I can imagine the sadness in his voice on hearing that he HAS to be out for 5 days. Did he try to suggest longer to the doctor? Give him my best - I won't wish for a speedy recovery but a complete and painless one. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh, hope his recovery continues to be painless. And that baby doesn't come before it's over! My ganglion cyst HURTS...I can see the appeal of surgery!

    ReplyDelete