Thursday, July 11, 2013

Pantry Living Weeks 3 & 4

You know the drill. No grocery shopping except for dairy, eggs, bread, and produce. I'm doing this to myself for two reasons: to see if I can, and to try and avoid shopping while my teacher hubby is on summer vaca. Also I try to use cash only, except for a few of the exclusions and gas for the car.

I'm happy to report I've done well these last 2 weeks. I haven't run out of anything.
  1. I did buy more bread, eggs, milk and produce.
  2.  I also bought orange juice. I group it with produce.
  3. and some kool-aid bag drinks......well, its not something we use often and I thought it would be a nice treat for the kids at the beach. It was really really cheap and I used my cash. There, I think I've successfully rationalized that one.
  4. Cereal update: I began with 31 unopened boxes. After 2 weeks we had  25 unopened boxes of cereal. Now after 4 weeks we have 19 boxes of unopened cereal. We might be able to make it to September :)
 There are a number of items we're running low on, so I'm trying to ration them out. ie-ranch dressing, granola bars, fruit snacks, popsicles, peanut butter, syrup

 
Almost forgot, I resurrected my tomato plant! I've already harvested 2 grape tomatoes. lol.

1 comment:

  1. I always thought teachers still got paid in the summer, like they just stretch the school year's pay out to a year... if that makes sense. They don't do that?! But anyways, good job on pantry living! I am so inefficient with grocery shopping and cooking, etc. I wanna do better.

    ReplyDelete