Sunday, July 6, 2014

Pantry Living Week 2

Week 2 has come and gone and we are still filling our tummies.
Pantry after week 2
Basic Rundown of the week
  • Cereal at the start: 44
  • Cereal after week 1: 39
  • Cereal after week 2: 39  How can that be? Well, we ate pancakes and eggs a few times but we actually ate 3 boxes of cereal as well. A sweet angel in our ward(church congregation) gave us three boxes of cereal this week cause she is so kind. So many angels, so many blessings!
  • We also inherited several bags of potato chips after a family bbq. 
  • This week we opened a new jar of pickles, peanut butter, a pack of napkins, a cake mix, a bottle of Italian dressing, a bag of granola, and a bag of marshmallows.
  • Purchases made: strawberries, apples, eggs, lettuce, cucumbers
  • Mad money purchases: donuts, Burger King, glow sticks, birthday presents from my kids to my dad (chips, slim jim, and a soda cozy)
  • Pantry Living discovery: made homemade cream of celery soup and loved it!
  • Confession: my kids and I went to buy donuts as a surprise reward for their good behavior in Home Depot. I bought nothing besides the donuts, but I felt like a recovering alcoholic in a bar. My eyes strayed longingly at the bargain deals when I entered the store. But I held strong and used my cash to buy five donuts. I was very proud of myself!
  • Confession #2: I browsed this week's ShopRite circular while at my parent's house for dinner. I was pointing out the best deals and tried to convince my hubby that he wasn't committed to Pantry Living so he could run to the store and buy the $0.44 a can green beans and corn. He wouldn't take the bait. 
  • Confession #3: I guess in an effort to use my large stores of pasta I've served it too frequently this week. My kids said "not pasta again?!" more than once this week. 
Happy Summer!

*note: I do not actually compare myself to someone who has successfully overcome an addiction, such as alcoholism. They are to be applauded for their strength and courage!

No comments:

Post a Comment