Friday, August 1, 2014

Pantry Living Week 6

The time is flying by this summer. Family has visited a ton and more are still to come. We love it! The beach and boardwalk are our hangouts. But we still seem to eat plenty of food at home.



Pantry after week 6
Here is the update:
    • Cereal after week 5: 26
    • Cereal after week 6: 24
    • Allowable purchases: mozzarella cheese, ricotta cheese, sour cream, whipped cream, eggs, watermelon, bananas, blueberries, strawberries, lettuce, cucumbers, carrots, celery, apples
    • CHEATING: lasagna noodles(for a new recipe), raspberry lemonade(on a great sale)
    • Exception: Infant Car Seat. Most people have noticed my growing belly. I am due in 5ish weeks. Our last car seat expired so this baby required a new one. I found a great deal on a better than I was expecting car seat at Baby's R Us for $69.99. Let the nesting begin!
    • Opened bottles/bags: vanilla extract, spaghetti sauce, Parmesan cheese, cream cheese, chips, 2 sizes of sandwich bags, granola bars, rasp granola
    • Gifts of food: flour from my mama, individual bowls of rice krispies from a friend's work= 1 box of cereal.
    • Discoveries: Katy (20months) will eat an entire can of mandarin oranges and still want more. She can also drink an entire Capri Sun. (They are meant for the beach and picnics only.)Food coloring in pancake batter is fun with blue, red and green. Purple is not a pretty sight. Lilia's (6yr) fav pasta is thin spaghetti. My family is getting tired of cooked zucchini. 
Baking seems to be my new hobby. I hate to waste food, so I feel a great urge to cook my fresh zucchinis and over ripe bananas. Today I baked Cream Cheese filled Banana Bread. I will post more on that soon.
Happy Summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment