Saturday, August 16, 2014

Pantry Living Week 8

We're nearing the end of Pantry Living, summer and this pregnancy.

Pantry after week 8


Here's the update:
    • Cereal after 7: 19.5
    • Cereal after 8: 15
    • Allowable purchases: bananas, watermelon, raspberries, strawberries, blueberries, potatoes, cucumbers, eggs,
    • Cheats: brown sugar(I was totally out and had baking to do), 
    • Sorta cheats but necessary so not sure if they really count: prenatal vitamins, socks for Max and Lilia, a few new school clothes for the kids, baby outfit for the new one from the kids, new beach chair to replace a broken one, 2 clearance summer dresses for me for next summer, a new backpack diaper bag, a 3piece dish set on clearance for Max for christmas, more Lenox dishes that match my pattern(they had a great sale)
    • Completely out of- brown sugar(hence the purchase), pancake mix, Italian dressing, chicken breasts
    • Opened jars/bags: flour, sugar, Cheese Nips, jam, peanut butter, ranch dressing, crackers, rice, Cheetos, chocolate graham crackers, rasp granola, honey, sandwich bags
    • Lessons learned: 
      • I choose to live this way. No one is going to punish me for running out of brown sugar or whatever. If I must have the item I will hurt no one when I buy it. As long as I learn from this and am prepared for the future it is alright. This might seem silly but I occasionally beat myself up for not being as prepared as I think I should be. I made an inventory of my pantry before this began and when it is over I will update it. I'm excited to see what items we ran out of(like flour 2x and brown sugar) and what items we hardly touched (like balsamic vinaigrette and bread crumbs). 
      • Pantry Living is not an exciting experiment. But I learn a lot about my lifestyle, my family and our financial choices. 
Happy Summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment