Friday, August 22, 2014

Pantry Living Week 9

We're almost done Pantry Living Take 2! I can hardly believe it. Only one more week to go.
Pantry after week 9

Here's the update:
    • Boxes of cereal after week 8: 15
    • Boxes of cereal after week 9: 10.5 (again the stack of individual servings make the .5)
    • Allowable Purchases: bananas, blueberries, apples, 
    • Necessary purchases: school supplies (my 1st grader is ready to learn)
    • Cash purchases: ice cream cones, a few clothes for my post prego body, a new skirt for Lilia, 
    • Cheats: jammies for my upcoming hospital stay, and a post prego dress, and some slimming under the clothes things for my soon to be flabby belly. Truthfully, I consider each of these necessary, (and reminder they're considered "cheats" cause I used my credit card.)
    • Opened jars/bags- sugar, spaghetti sauce, lasagna noodles, chips, raspberry lemonade mix, 
    • Confession: I'm losing my mind. I usually refer to it as "mommy brain". Lately I've become so consumed with my impending labor I forget to start the dishwasher. I almost (I repeat almost) forget that I've invited people over. I forget to re-diaper my overactive toddler until she jumps on the couch and her bare bum is revealed. I forget to pee... this may sound particularly bizarre but all of a sudden I'm super uncomfortable and realize its cause I've needed to go for over an hour and just kept putting it off and so my belly has a contraction to remind me. Seriously, I'm this forgetful!!! So this also flows into the blog and keeping track of the "purchases", "cheats", "opened jars" etc. I try desperately to think back over the last 7 days but I'm sure things have been forgotten or added to the wrong week. oh well. 
We're nearly at the end and I'm excited to grocery shop again but at the same time I love my Pantry Living obligation. I love sending the kiddos to retrieve a new bottle of dressing or a can of veggies. It is exhilarating to know we can survive.
Happy Summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment