Sunday, August 17, 2014

Peanut Butter, Choc Chip, Honey & Banana ICE CREAM

Lately I buy bananas and hope for them to ripen faster so I can get creating in the kitchen. Last week I made this yummy ice cream that only called for 4 ingredients and bonus for any lactose intolerance people like myself, it is dairy free!

Peanut Butter, Choc Chip, Honey & Banana Ice Cream


Ingredients:
1-1/2 peeled medium bananas, sliced into coins and frozen until solid
3 tablespoons peanut butter
2 teaspoons honey
1 rounded tablespoon dark chocolate chips
Directions:

  1. Slice bananas into coins and freeze until solid.
  2. Blend bananas in food processor or electric chopper until thoroughly smashed into a smooth pulp, like mashed potatoes.
  3. Add the peanut butter and honey and mix thoroughly.
  4. Remove from the food processor/chopper and place in a freezer-safe container. Add the dark chocolate chips and mix well by hand.
  5. Freeze until solid. *note: the first night I was anxious so it only sat in the freezer for an hour or two. It was soft and yummy, kinda like soft serve. The next day I shared the leftover with the kids. They had a very hard ice cream. So it depends on how you like it. 
This is a small recipe. It really only yields two small bowls worth. I would recommend doubling it if you plan to share with anyone. 
My family loved it! I enjoyed it, but truthfully it still tastes a lot like bananas. I'm not the biggest banana lover so I was hoping the peanut butter would mask the flavor a touch more but it was still creamy and delicious. (note: when you bake with bananas it usually loses that signature banana flavor, which is my preference.)

Enjoy! Happy Summer!

1 comment: